I. The inspector shall inspect:
- the heating system, using normal operating controls.
II. The inspector shall describe:
- the location of the thermostat for the heating system;
- the energy source; and
- the heating method.
III. The inspector shall report as in need of correction:
- any heating system that did not operate; and
- if the heating system was deemed inaccessible.
IV. The inspector is not required to:
- inspect, measure, or evaluate the interior of flues or chimneys, fire chambers,heat exchangers, combustion air systems, fresh-air intakes, makeup air,humidifiers, dehumidifiers, electronic air filters, geothermal systems, or solar heating systems.
- inspect fuel tanks or underground or concealed fuel supply systems.
- determine the uniformity, temperature, flow, balance, distribution, size,capacity, BTU, or supply adequacy of the heating system.
- light or ignite pilot flames.
- activate heating, heat pump systems, or other heating systems when ambient temperatures or other circumstances are not conducive to safe operation or may damage the equipment.
- override electronic thermostats.
- evaluate fuel quality.
- verify thermostat calibration, heat anticipation, or automatic setbacks, timers, programs or clocks.
- measure or calculate the air for combustion, ventilation, or dilution of flue gases for appliances.